Role: Level 3 Teaching Assistant (KS2)
Contract: Full time, 37 hours per week term time only
Scale: NJC Scale Point 12-17
Salary: £19,751 progressing to £23,141 (actual)
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 10 December 2021
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work mainly in KS2 supporting the educational recovery of our older pupils. We are looking for someone with experience of working with both upper and lower KS2 pupils who could deliver interventions, support booster sessions and with the confidence to cover a KS2 class for PPA.
You Will Need
• Experience of working across the primary phase
• A developing knowledge of the national curriculum and confidence to deliver lessons to individuals, small groups and whole classes.
• Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with parents, outside agencies and others in school.
• A positive outlook and lots of enthusiasm.
• A genuine love of children
You will be part of a very supportive, forward looking team and will demonstrate positive communication skills, be aware of all aspects of safeguarding children and be willing to undertake appropriate training as required.
Job Description overview
• To work with children as part of a team under the overall direction of the Headteacher who will be responsible for the policy and educational programme and for matters of control and discipline within the National Curriculum Framework.
• To assist the class teacher/SENCO in maximising the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school.
• Under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff, to encourage pupils to become more independent learners and help to raise the standard of achievement for all pupils.
• To be aware of your responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young persons whom you have contact with during the course of your duties.
• To cover PPA or ECT cover as required.
The school adheres to the Local Authorities Safeguarding Policy. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced CRB check and proof of identity and qualifications will be required prior to the appointment being made