Do you want to work in a school where the curriculum is based on the needs of the children, where planning is responsive and marking is based on immediate and oral feedback? Do you want to further develop your teaching skills in a global and forward thinking learning environment? Then Dunkirk Primary & Nursery School is the place for you. Due to the final phase of expansion of Dunkirk across a split site, we require a Key Stage Two Level 3 Teaching Assistant (permanent FTE contract) and a Key Stage One Level 3 Teaching Assistant for a maternity leave post (temporary one year FTE contract).
We offer an opportunity to join the team of a research based learning school where children and staff are encouraged and supported to reflect and develop.
The Governors of this diverse, multi-national fast paced city school are seeking to appoint two experienced, enthusiastic, flexible and dynamic teaching assistants.
We are looking for two teaching assistants who can plan and teach groups effectively, in class and with targeted children and can enable responsive gap teaching, where needed. We want the individuals to place high value on the importance of relationships at all levels and have the ability to work within an experienced and supportive staff team.
The successful candidates will:
• Have high expectations for themselves and the children and be reflective about their impact on learning and progress
• Be effective in their approach to teaching a national and school curriculum
• Demonstrate understanding and have commitment to equal opportunities
• Have a positive, flexible and forward thinking outlook towards change
Dunkirk Primary School can offer you:
• Continuing and wide ranging professional development through local, national and global opportunities
• Motivated, friendly and well behaved children
• Involved and supportive parents and Governors
• A welcoming team of talented professionals who really want the best for their children
Visits to the school are positively and warmly welcomed by appointment on the following dates:
Abbey Campus (Lenton Boulevard, Lenton, NG7 2ET) on 4th, 6th and 10th of June at 4:00pm
Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
When applying for the posts, please state which role you are applying for.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon on the 14th June 2019
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON: Tuesday 18th June 2019
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and we will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to the appointment being made according to the Local Authority’s policy on safeguarding children and safer recruitment. The school is committed to ensuring a vigilant and safe school culture, with all staff and volunteers working within an agreed school code of conduct.