The following temporary post is available from
until end of the Summer Term 2020 (initially).
LEVEL 3 TEACHING ASSISTANT/ COVER SUPERVISOR
Grade 5, Pt 11 : £21, 589 pro rota
32.5 hours per week term time with 32.5 hours additional hours during training days. (Equivalent of 5 full days each week).
Avenue Primary is a school with wonderful children and ambition, with approximately 550 children on roll between ages 3 – 11 years. Our children are drawn from a range of faith backgrounds and nationalities. We are currently expanding our core of support staff, and wish to appoint an excellent teaching assistant - Level 3/ cover supervisor to work with our dedicated and motivated staff team.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has a record of outstanding classroom support and practice;
- is committed to professional development;
- has high expectations of behaviour and good classroom management strategies;
- enjoys working as part of a team with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- is enthusiastic, flexible and able to make an active contribution to the broader life of the school;
- understands and follow the principles and values underpinning the safeguarding of young people;
- has endless energy, imagination and initiative.
We can offer you:
- motivated pupils who are keen to learn;
- parents who are supportive of their children’s education;
- a school team that are committed to improving standards and pupil outcomes;
- a supportive Head teacher/Senior Leadership team and Governing Body who are committed to continued professional development.
If you have a passion for teaching children and raising standards we want to hear from you.
An informal chat or visit to our school is warmly welcomed.
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 26th September 2019
Interviews to be held: Thursday 3rd October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.