Level 4 Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Required as soon as possible
Full time – 37 hours a week term time only
Grade F points 20-24 £25,991-£28,672 FTE
Actual salary £22,257-£24,552
Are you excited about learning? Do you value the role of fun and laughter in a child’s education? Have you always wanted to do things differently? If so then Zaytouna Primary School should be your next phone call. Here at Zaytouna Primary School, our mantra is ’Everyone a learner. Everyone a leader’ and we are looking for an inspirational HLTA to come and join our staff team. We care passionately about developing the whole child and if you are successful, then you can expect a new curriculum and timetable packed with PE, art and digital technology. We have a real commitment to the health and well-being of our children, staff and parents – so much so that we have assigned an entire curriculum team to it!
Zaytouna Primary School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced, highly motivated, and dedicated Level 4 Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include working with the class teachers to create a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice, plan and deliver intervention sessions for key groups of children and when required provide teacher and PPA cover, delivering high quality lessons following the planning given.
- Be an excellent Specialist/ Higher Level Teaching Assistant, who loves working with children
- be able to provide creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities;
- possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
- be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a positive attitude and high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour
- have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
- work well as part of a team
- be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
- have excellent communication skills with children and adults
- have experience of working with EAL children
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged for Wednesday14th October after 3:30pm. Please contact the school office to confirm your attendance.
How to apply
Download an application. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Joanne Robottom at Zaytouna Primary School by email
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October 2020 at 9:00am
Interview date: Friday 23rd October 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on the Trust website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Zaytouna Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.