Location: Castle Mead Academy
Closing Date: 1st July 2022, 12 noon
Interviews: July 2022
Position Start Date: 25th August 2022
Salary: Grade 3, Point 5-6 | £8,663 – £8,836 pro rata (£19,843 - £20,240 FTE)
A unique opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Library Assistant to join the team at Castle Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. Since then, we have never looked back! By 2024, our eight-form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 scholars. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead will make available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every scholar leaves us with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
The opportunity to work in a growing school, is like no other. When you start a school from scratch like we have, it is a golden opportunity to put in place all of the amazing things you have heard and read about from the best schools in the land - but in one place, here in Leicester! As we now cross into our next chapter, having recently moved into our new state-of-the-art school building, join us and help to build a genuine legacy of your own, alongside colleagues who are aligned in their values.
We are recruiting a team of like-minded experts to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.” This is a rare opportunity, so as we challenge convention, lead without preconception and are unapologetically ambitious on behalf of our scholars.
This is an opportunity to work in a school where:
- there is a brand-new library space, designed by an expert Librarian and located prominently on the school site;
- our school day is punctuated by opportunities to read – CMA is a school which champions the power of reading!
- there is a calm, orderly environment with scholars who are charming, well-mannered and courteous;
- our enrichment time built in to the school day means that quality time is spent on electives;
- we challenge convention, distribute leadership and consistently consider staff workload;
- we have a subscription to the local schools library service (CLS) for ongoing support and resources;
- the staff team are relentless in their ambition on behalf of pupils and colleagues;
- there is a growing reputation of Castle Mead providing excellence in the heart of Leicester.
Please submit your application by Friday 1st July 2022, 12 noon. For further information, a confidential discussion, to book a visit to Castle Mead Academy or any technical queries please contact Kaj Patel (details can be found in the candidate pack).
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.