We are looking for a skilled and passionate teacher, who values education to join our friendly, ambitious and effective English team. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for literacy and can ignite learning and thrives on developing themselves and others. The ideal candidate will have excellent literacy skills and experience of leading literacy preferably ‘Talk for Writing.’ Our current literacy lead will be part time next year and will therefore be able to provide a supportive handover. Our recent OFTSED recognised the strength of our reading and literacy curriculum.
Our school is led by our vision which is, ‘Preparing every child to become a successful individual in an ever evolving world,’ as such we have developed a curriculum fit for the 21st Century. Our unique, enquiry curriculum rooted in oracy, questioning and exploration. It is led by the interests and passions of teachers and pupils. Our wellbeing curriculum develops self-reflection in RE and PSHE and supports the development of mental and physical health. We value our teachers and leaders and are committed to reduce workload and support personal growth.
Wexham Court is a beautiful three-form Primary school with Nursery attached. We are located five minutes’ drive from Black park, Windsor with excellent links to all major motor ways, airports and trains stations. The High speed train into London has resulted in development of the town.
The school can offer:
- Exceptional behaviour
- Balance through minimal marking/planning and extra PPA time weekly
- An energetic and driven leadership team
- Opportunities to be a part of exciting pilots and projects across the town.
- Outstanding professional development for teachers and middle leaders (CPD map on the website)
- A school-wide commitment to improving work life balance and wellbeing events such as staff netball team, mindfulness workshops, golden tickets days etc…
- Free qualified counsellors, free health care, finance advice, support with housing
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent literacy skills and knowledge of the curriculum
- Excellent emotional intelligence
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- The ability to lead a team by inspiring and motivating others
- A desire to grow and develop their teaching and leadership
- Passion and commitment to the Wexham Court community
We extend a warm invitation for you to visit our school before applying. Please contact Mrs Attia Mian, PA to the head teacher to make an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 9th March 2020 11.30am Interview dates: Week beginning 16th March 2020
Wexham Court Primary School is a friendly and caring school that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Wexham Court Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.