Literacy Support HLTA
25 hours per week/term time only (39 weeks)
STA Band 5 point 19 - £24,799 FTE
Actual salary £14,162
St Thomas Aquinas Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an excellent Literacy Support Higher Level Teaching Assistant from August 2019 for St Paul’s Catholic School.
To challenge educational and social disadvantages by leading literacy interventions in order to achieve the highest possible standards and prepare all our students to lead successful lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work alongside the English faculty and other leaders to engage students not yet working at age related expectations by promoting progress in reading skills.
• Lead activities with individuals or small groups of students in a focused environment to facilitate progress in literacy development.
• Co-ordinate and plan interventions for students accessing additional literacy support.
• Create and lead programmes that support the development of students working below age related expectations across the curriculum.
• Track and report on the progress of students in intervention groups.
• Attend meetings to discuss students’ progress.
• Support the SEN Department in the effective transition of students to year 7 through a tailored transition programme.
• Support students throughout the day by fulfilling pastoral responsibilities.
• Engage fully in the academy appraisal process to fulfil personal potential and be able to participate effectively in the implementation of the academy’s goals and improvement plan.
• Attend meetings/training and carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified on the academy calendar.
• Consistently implement all academy policies
• Contribute to decision-making and consultation procedures
• Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a Designated Safeguarding Lead.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
The post holder will demonstrate:
• A commitment to the ethos of St Paul’s and its values and aims
• The desire to promote and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and others
• Enthusiasm, energy and flexibility
• The highest ambitions for our pupils and our school
• Excellent literacy skills
• Good communication skills
• A notable impact on the quality of learning in a lesson
• A willingness to learn and take on new ideas
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 28th August 2019
St Paul’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.