Philip Southcote School is a progressive and inclusive values-based establishment. This is a very exciting time for us as our school is expanding not only on our main site, but a new off-site 6th Form and 2 new Satellite Centres for September 2021.
The vision for our Southcote Centres is to offer SEND pupils a combination of specialist teaching, therapies and interventions from the Philip Southcote team alongside opportunities for pupils to thrive in mainstream classes where this is beneficial and appropriate for them.
This is a new joint venture for Philip Southcote School, Chertsey High School and Kings International School, Camberley and one which has been described as “transformational” and “ground-breaking” by Surrey County Council.
If you are an outstanding LSA, passionate about inclusion and excited to work with our Assistant Headteacher to create our amazing SEND Southcote Centres then we would be delighted to hear from you.
This post would suit a KS2, KS3 or KS4 LSA with a passion for working with pupils with SEND.
Philip Southcote School offers the opportunity to work:
• In a Centre that is passionate about achievement for all pupils.
• With fantastic pupils who enjoy a dynamic and engaging curriculum.
• Within a diligent team of excellent teachers who have a wealth of expertise and experience.
• With a strong induction programme tailored to your experience and needs.
• Working collaboratively within a very supportive environment where professional development is an essential aspect of our daily practice.
• The opportunity to develop your career.
• Committed to creating outstanding pupil experiences learning for all.
The ideal candidate will: -
• Be an inspirational LSA looking to develop and deliver targeted learning resources.
• Be able to create bespoke packages, that sometimes require a creative approach, to meet the independent needs of learners.
• Be a person who thrives in a fun, yet challenging environment.
• Be an outstanding LSA with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
• Have a passion for building strong relationships with young people through restorative working.
• Be someone who is resilient and approachable.
• Be a good communicator who is able to inspire and motivate pupils but also who can remain calm under pressure and have a sense of humour.
If you feel that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of making Philip Southcote School outstanding, we would love to have you on our team. The pupils, staff and Governors warmly invite you to visit us and see the ‘Southcote Community” in action. We are sure you will experience our friendly, relaxed atmosphere and get a taste of how rewarding your work will be.
As this is a new and exciting venture for the school, candidates are invited to discuss the role in more detail with the Headteacher prior to application. Please contact Mel Sullivan to arrange a conversation with the Headteacher.
Applications to be considered on receipt.
Interviews to be held at Philip Southcote School, Addlestonemoor, Surrey KT15 2QH
Philip Southcote School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.