The hours are 8.40am – 15.10pm with a half an hour lunch break.
Grade 5 pay point 7 Salary £11,665 (£18,426 fte)
Term time 38 weeks with an additional week for teacher training days
The successful applicant will be supporting a Year 3 pupil with special educational needs on a 1:1 basis and providing support to other pupils in year group as required – including classroom support and leading small groups. You will be supported by class teachers, the SENCo and the Headteacher and will be required to liaise closely with them.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who:
- has proven experience of supporting pupils with challenging behaviours and is emotionally resilient
- has experience of working with pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- is able to support and facilitate academic, social and personal development by effectively managing challenging behaviour
- is able to support a pupil through a personalised timetable
- is able to de-escalate possible conflict and challenging situations
- is committed to developing the full potential of all children
- has high expectations of pupil attainment, progress and behaviour
- works well as part of a team and has good interpersonal skills
- has a positive outlook
- has experience of Team Teach (although training will be provided for the right candidate)
- will promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- can work under the direction of the teacher to implement group or 1:1 intervention work to support pupils who have emotional and social barriers to learning
- understands Behaviour Support Plans and can assist to the formulation and implementation of such plans
- establishes constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
In return, we can offer you a friendly and caring school environment where every pupil really does matter and an experienced team of dedicated and talented staff. We are committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities for all members of staff.
The information on our website will support you in understanding the context of our school and our priorities.
If you believe you are the right person for this post and would like to apply, please look very carefully at the job description and person specification. If you would like to visit the school, please contact a member of the admin team to make arrangements.
Application is via a completed application form, which should relate to the person specification and be personalised to demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria of the post.
The closing date is Friday 21st February 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Interviews will be held w/c 24th February 2020. Candidates selected for interviewing will be informed by email, which will confirm details. If you are not invited to interview by this date, please accept our apologies that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Mercenfeld Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.