Learning Support Assistant – New to role & existing LSAs welcome!
Leatherhead Trinity School & Children's Centre is a warm, friendly and supportive school where we aim to inspire a thirst for learning in all children to take with them throughout their lives. We are a school committed to individual professional development this same thirst for learning is embedded within our staff.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to be part of our friendly school team. The LSA role is whole school based and whilst not essential, any specialism such as AET, ELSA, ELKLAN and SEN training would be desirable. As a school committed to continuous professional development, if you are a new LSA or you are an existing LSA who is looking for a new challenge and would like to add to your skill-set, training in various specialisms such as ELKLAN to assist you in your role and future career is available.
-You will be working 30 hours per week during term-time with a commitment to attend 3 INSET days.
-Part-time/job shares will be considered.
- Salary in accordance with Surrey Pay Grade S3 FTE: £18,013 – 18,957
- Attractive Pension Scheme
- To complement teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum/ EYFS and contribute to the development of other support staff, pupils and school policies and strategies.
- To work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
- To supervise whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers.
- To provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils (e.g. SEN, EAL, GT, all underachieving groups), by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes, and to encourage pupils to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life.
- LSA experience desirable but not essential
- Specialist training desirable but not essential
- Passionate and committed to children's learning, safety and well-being
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to professional development
Leatherhead Trinity School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.