Hours: 5 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 12pm – 1pm) We are happy to consider a job share.
Salary: Hay 13 (£2,243 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding, which will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We require a Lunch Break Supervisor to join our vibrant school community to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A hard-working person.
• Well-organised, with good initiative.
• Able to work both independently and part of a small team.
• Able to show consistently good responsibility and care for the school premises and the school community.
• Good humoured, with good interpersonal skills, representing the school well.
The main duties of this role are:
• To supervise pupils in designated areas of the school (including playground/field) and to ensure their safety, welfare and general conduct.
• To establish safe and proper behaviour by appropriate intervention or referral to senior staff, as appropriate.
• To supervise the movement of pupils to and from dining area, including personal hygiene requirements(e.g. hand washing)
• To maintain good order in dining areas, including the supervision of pupils with the collection and returning of trays or other items to the service counter.
• To assist pupils where necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of the midday meal
• To assist in the clearance of any spillages and the wiping down, clearing or resetting of tables, as appropriate.
• To take any immediate action to attend to sickness or accidents by carrying out minor first aid and summoning relevant assistance.
The postholder will be expected to act as an adult role model and support school policies when dealing with students and visitors to the school.
In return we can offer you:
• A rewarding career.
• An important part within a friendly and supportive staff team.
• A caring community, based on Christian values.
• A vision to encourage all members of the school community to Explore, Enjoy and Excel daily.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th November at 3pm.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
St Mary's Church of England Primary School, Yate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.