Hours: 6.25 hours per week, worked as 1.25 hours per day between 11.30am -13.30 pm, Monday-Friday during term time. Plus attendance at team meetings and some opportunities for overtime to cover absence.
Actual Salary: £2,669 (Bristol Grade 4/ NJC3)
Place of work: Initially based at Fonthill Primary Academy. However, all appointments are made to the Trust centrally
Application closing date: 9:00 AM on Monday 2nd November 2020
Application shortlisting and interviews: This is a rolling recruitment process so please apply as soon as possible rather than waiting for the closing date.
Start date: As soon as possible
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and our brand new primary school Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of outstanding schools with ambition for every child.
The Successful Candidate
Fonthill Primary Academy is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and motivated individual to:
- Build positive relationships with our children
- Support the children to enjoy their lunch breaks and return to class ready for the afternoon’s teaching and learning
- Help the children to have a safe and healthy lunchtime experience
In return we work hard to support our lunchtime staff and offer opportunities for professional training, career progression and the chance to play a key part in helping our children to get the most out of their lunchtimes.
Our lunch time staff are responsible for:
- Supervising pupils over the lunchtime period
- Leading and taking part in games and activities with pupils
- Encouraging children to eat their meals
- Dealing with behavioural incidents in line with the schools Behaviour policy and discussing concerns with class teachers or members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Playing a key part in the school’s health and safety processes
- Helping children interact positively with one another during lunchtimes
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.