Lunchtime Assistant (Term-Time, Fixed Term Contract)
The role is a Fixed-Term for 12 months, term-time only.
Monday to Friday, 11:00 – 14:00
Actual Annual salary: £5,576 per annum
To start: 21st April 2021
Blossom House Euston is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children aged 3 – 10 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities. Our school has a unique atmosphere created by its totally dedicated, highly professional and caring staff. We acknowledge specific strengths and support individual weaknesses, so that each child “blossoms” and has the opportunity to fulfill his or her potential.
We have a lovely opportunity for an enthusiastic Lunch-Time Assistant to join our Team, supporting children during lunch time and at play time.
What the role involves:
• Providing support to children during lunch and at play time, promoting positive behaviour.
• Ensuring the lunch and play areas and are clean and tidy before, during and after lunch.
• Setting up and clearing up equipment and resources during lunch time and play time.
• Providing Teaching Assistant cover while colleagues have their lunch.
• Liaising with Teachers, Therapists and staff.
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Small class sizes
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers.
• Continued professional development and training.
• Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning and working with children.
• Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
• The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
• Qualifications preferred include GCSE, CACHE Diploma Level 3 in Child Development or equivalent qualification.
Closing date: Friday, 19th March 2021
If you wish to apply for the post, please download, complete and return the application form.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks, which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK. checks.
Blossom House Christopher House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.