Somerdale Educate Together Primary Academy opened in September 2017 on the new Somerdale estate in Keynsham. From September 2021, we will have seven year groups from pre-school to year
We are looking for a lunchtime supervisor to join our small, hardworking team. Hours are 11.30am to 1.30pm, 5 days a week term time only. The pay is £9.16 per hour.
We are looking for a lunchtime supervisor to:
- help serve dinner
- pot wash and clean down the kitchen
- guide playtime, joining in and leading play activities
- create a safe and friendly atmosphere at lunchtime
- deliver basic first aid
- support and encourage children during dinner
- encourage positive behaviour
- support in the clearing up of the dining hall
- work as part of our team
Our ethos at Somerdale Educate Together is:
- Equality based: children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected
- Co-educational and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities
- Child-centred: all children have a voice and staff make decisions that are right for our children
- Democratic whereby all children, staff and parents are involved in decisions that we make
Ideally, you will have some experience working with children and will be able to demonstrate an interest in encouraging their play and keeping them safe.
We can offer a supportive atmosphere, full training and involvement in all relevant school decisions. You will need to be a good communicator so excellent verbal and written English is essential.
This post is permanent and is term time only.
Closing date is Wednesday 22nd September 2021 at 9am.
Interviews will be held Friday 1st October.
Somerdale Educate Together Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.