An exciting opportunity has become available for a temporary Lunchtime Carer at Floreat Montague Park to cover one shift per week
You will support the efficient running of the lunchtime service as part of a busy school day in this growing school. We are looking for a pro-active individual to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team, build good working relationships with both children and adults and demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude towards all our children. The requirement is to cover the Tuesday lunch shift every week on a temporary basis until the end of the Spring term.
About Floreat Montague Park
Floreat Montague Park Primary School opened its doors for the first time in September 2016. The School is developing fast and the following 6 areas are valued:
• Personal Development
With inspiring outdoor learning spaces, the latest technology in classrooms and an engaged, active community this is an exciting time to join our school.
Requirements of the role
• Setting out the tables ahead of the lunch service and cleaning up afterwards, ensuring the hall is presentable for use in the afternoon
• Ensure children remain within permitted areas of the school during the lunch break and to intervene in any situation where the safety of a child may be at risk.
• Assist in the supervision of the children during the lunch service and ensure orderly conduct in the dining area.
What we are looking for
• An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
• A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
Why work at Floreat Montague Park
• You will be part of a progressive group of professional’s intent on building a successful new school.
• You will be able to work in Montague Park, a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing new community.
• You will be part of the GLF family of schools, a trust with a clear education vision and focus on securing improvement through professional development.
• As the school continues to grow, we anticipate many opportunities to develop your career and progress at Floreat. As part of the GLF community of schools, you can expect excellent professional development and strong support.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Temporary / Part Time / Term time
Working Pattern: Every Tuesday in term time currently 11.15am to 1.15pm
Pay Scale: Associate 1 £9.50 per hour
Closing date for advert: Candidates will be considered on application
If you would like further information about this role, or to have an informal discussion, please contact the Headteacher, Patrick Pritchett. See our website vacancies page for contact details.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.