Post: Lunchtime Play Co-ordinator
Appointment Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Merton 4 (7.5 hours per week) – Annual Salary £19,896.00 → pro rata £3818
Location: The Sherwood School, Mitcham, Surrey CR4 3PQ
Responsible to: Headteacher
Duties: Under the direction of the Headteacher and the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor to assist in providing supervision on the premises, for children between the ages of 4 and 11, during the midday break. To encourage the children in purposeful play and social skills activities.
We are looking for highly skilled and passionate people to join our professional team of lunchtime play co-ordinators at The Sherwood School. We provide a warm and friendly working environment with high staff morale and a commitment to developing our team to achieve their full potential. Our ideal candidate will be committed to enhancing children’s learning, be flexible, able to work independently and enjoy working as part of a pro-active dedicated team. They will be committed to actively supporting the strong Rights Respecting ethos of our school and will be an energetic and motivated member of the staff.
We are an ‘Inner London’ school and we serve a culturally diverse community in Mitcham with happy, confident and polite children. We were graded as ‘Good’ in our most recent OFSTED inspection in November 2017 and our work to develop children’s emotional wellbeing was noted as an asset of the school: ‘The school’s work to support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is effective and a strength of the school.’
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Experience of working with children and young people (either paid or unpaid).
• The ability to encourage and communicate effectively with children.
• Knowledge of basic Health and Safety and First Aid.
• Effective communication and team working skills.
• Ability to react calmly and quickly in an emergency.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Clear and robust behaviour management skills
• Hardworking pupils who love learning
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• Dedicated and supportive staff and governors
• The support of a committed School Leadership Team
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 020 - 8764 - 5100.
Closing date: Wednesday 18th December 2019
Interviews: January 2020 (precise date to be confirmed upon shortlisting)
The Sherwood School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service.