Hours: 5 hours per week | 38 weeks per year (term time)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 2, Points 3-4 - actual salary £2,043-£2,131 (£9.39-£9.58 per hour)
We are looking to appoint a lunchtime supervisor to join and support our dedicated team. Orchard Mead Academy is an extremely rewarding school with an exceptionally caring ethos which is at the forefront of our work.
The purpose of this role is to:
• Supervise students on site during the academy lunch break to ensure the safety of our pupils.
• Ensure the safety of pupils at the academy during the lunchtime break.
• To promote acceptable standards of behaviour, following the academy’s behaviour policy and associated procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working with children aged 11-16.
• Be empathetic and understanding, even when under pressure.
• Be highly committed to our academy, with awareness and understanding of how the role can help to support the academy and its students during our busy lunchtime period.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs and ask that you complete the TMET Application Form in order for your application to be considered. Please submit your application via the eteach website.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.