Hours: 7.5 hours per week (12:15pm - 1:45pm, Monday to Friday) | 38 weeks per year (term time)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 2, Points 3-4 - actual salary £3,149 - £3,284 per annum
We are looking to appoint a lunchtime supervisor to join and support our dedicated team. Orchard Mead Academy is an extremely rewarding school with an exceptionally caring ethos which is at the forefront of our work.
The purpose of this role is to:
• Supervise students on site during the academy lunch break to ensure the safety of our pupils.
• Ensure the safety of pupils at the academy during the lunchtime break.
• To promote acceptable standards of behaviour, following the academy’s behaviour policy and associated procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working with children aged 11-16.
• Be empathetic and understanding, even when under pressure.
• Be highly committed to our academy, with awareness and understanding of how the role can help to support the academy and its students during our busy lunchtime period.
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Sunday 6th December 2020, 11.59pm
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.