Responsible to: year group leaders of learning
Salary: Surrey Pay S1/2
Hours: 5 hours per week Monday – Friday, term time only
Job Purpose: To take responsibility for the health and safety and security of children during the School lunch break.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch.
2. Assist and supervise the clearing away and tidying of the eating area.
3. Supervise pupils after lunch, either inside or outside of the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy.
4. Ensure reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised.
5. Attend to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment.
Subject to the duration of the need, the special conditions given below apply :
(a) The nature of the work may involve the post holder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
(b) The post holder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the service.
(c) Expenses will be paid in accordance with the Local Conditions of Service.
(d) This post is subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Criminal Records Bureau regarding any previous criminal record.
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Sandcross School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.