Future Academies has an exciting opportunity available for a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager will work closely with the Head of Estates and school Principal to optimise the Academy’s estate, ensuring buildings and grounds deliver a high quality, excellent environment for pupils. This role is ideally suited to someone with previous experience at a senior level of managing and operating buildings on a variety of scales who has excellent financial, administrative and planning skills. You will have significant experience of all aspects of Hard and Soft FM, the delivery of high quality EFM services, ensuring statutory Health and Safety compliance.
Your main duties will be:
• To provide strategic high-level leadership and management of the academy estates and site teams.
• To develop detailed and cohesive short, medium and long-term estate management plans.
• To ensure that all statutory obligations in relation to site and premises are completed within the designated timeframes.
• To act as the academies’ Health and Safety Officer, monitoring health and safety incidents, identifying risks and mitigation, providing advice, guidance and risk assessments as appropriate
WHO YOU ARE
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate outstanding communication and influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You will be an effective leader who is able to motivate others to achieve service excellence, with a track record of managing EFM staff and contractors.
As the successful applicant, you will have/be:
• Good standard of education with at least 5 GCSE passes, including English and Mathematics and a relevant trade qualification (e.g., carpentry, electrical, plumbing) at City & Guilds or equivalent
• Relevant Facilities Management qualification or willingness to study for this Relevant H&S qualification or willingness to study for this
• Relevant knowledge and experience of estates management and experience working in a multi-academy trust or federation of schools
• Previous experience of successfully leading a team including of managing and directing contractors
• Previous experience of statutory health and safety compliance checks
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a rapidly expanding group of Academy schools consisting of ten schools, seven secondaries and three primaries, based in London and Hertfordshire. All schools have been rated Good or Outstanding at their first inspection since joining the group.
Our network of ten schools in the UK achieves great results in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the country, tackling some of the most challenging issues in education.
Our vision is for Future Academies to become an educational beacon, lighting the way towards educational excellence and social mobility. This vision is best encapsulated by our trust motto, Libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’). We believe that a good education is the cornerstone for social mobility, providing children with the tools they need to lead purposeful and fulfilling lives.
When functioning properly, an education can be empowering, furnishing students with the choice and freedom required to succeed on whichever path they choose to pursue.
Crucially, a good education can level the playing field, providing less advantaged students with the same opportunities as those enjoyed by their peers. Education is the great leveler, ensuring that neither birth nor background will constrain a child’s chances in life.
To become a national leader of educational excellence is an ambitious vision. However, when we all work together as a team, it is one that we believe is eminently achievable.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Maintenance Manager at Future Academies, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form. Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 15th March 2021.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.