The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Management Accountant to join our team based at Holsworthy Skills Centre, Holsworthy. You will be a highly motivated team leader who is approachable and promotes positive relationships. The purpose of the job will be to prepare monthly management accounts and reports, as well as to assist in budget spending, among other financial tasks and duties.
We wish to appoint a candidate for the role who is community focused and who shares our values led commitment to creating an ambitious, forward thinking learning environment for all our pupils, students and staff.
The Trust is now in its third year since its formation in January 2018. By joining us you will become part of our family of schools. Every child in each of our Trust schools is entitled to excellent teaching every lesson of every day. This ambition drives our commitment to making our Trust a great place to be, work, and learn. Our schools are community-oriented centres, and by joining us you will be as committed to maintaining the viability of rural schools and all that they offer. Your role will play a part in supporting us to provide the highest possible quality of education for all local children, in order to ensure pupils from all backgrounds are able to succeed.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in financial management, using financial data and setting budgets.
- Be experienced in working with stakeholders to develop strong financial understanding across an organisation/Trust.
- Be experienced in working in a school environment and an understanding of schools finances and funding.
- Be committed to education, working in partnership with the Trust.
What we offer:
- Being part of a family of schools within a values-based Trust.
- A comprehensive induction and support programme.
- Recognition of the importance of work life balance. Your emotional well-being is important to us. We strive to balance life and work. We endeavour to create the best possible environment in which you can grow and enjoy a genuinely fulfilling professional life.
- A passionate commitment to your continuing professional development with learning routes to match your interests and ambitions.
- Opportunity to work in partnership with colleagues across the Trust.
- Career progression within the Trust.
- There is no expectation that staff will respond to emails outside of normal working hours. We trust our staff to make professional decisions about when they work outside school hours.
We are working hard to make our community a great place to work so that our values underpin everything that we do, and everything that we are. All our colleagues are valued members of our community, and we take seriously the demands of their job.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.