1. Purpose of Job
• To provide strategic leadership in the development, implementation and maintenance of effective management information systems to meet the internal and external reporting requirements of the College.
• To be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the MIS team
• To set up, maintain and review highly complex data repositories and data warehouses
• Problem solve and develop strategies and solutions with senior leaders to enable effective use of data for organisational improvement.
• To develop, implement, and oversee MIS policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of the MIS and accompanying software.
• To provide data, information and management reports to aid decision making across the college.
• To support managers and staff in analysing data and information.
2. Principal Accountabilities
2.1. System Development and Maintenance
• To be primarily responsible, on a daily basis, for ensuring the various MIS applications are fully operational.
• Develop and maintain an in depth knowledge of the functionality and data structures within the various MIS applications
• Develop, implement, maintain and review MIS, including Dimensional Data Warehouse, to support timely and accurate recording of data
• Identify improvements to data handling and processes.
• Identify opportunities throughout the college to use the various MIS applications to make processes more efficient
• Develop the systems of data entry and report production to maximise their efficient, effective and economic operation by staff
• Liaise with the IT team to ensure relevant network components are installed and configured to ensure database connectivity as well as database consistency and integrity.
• Design, develop, and deliver MIS applications training programs and individual support
• Assist the registry team with the creation and maintenance of the annual course file, using 4Cast and ensuring all changes are processed timely and accurately
• Liaising with software providers as required
• Lead in the development and use of student records system to deliver effective and efficient solutions for enrolment and admissions at optimise the use of technology and provide a high-quality customer experience.
• Provide relevant support to the Student Registry & Admission teams involved with data entry and validation.
• Use Microsoft SQL Server and related BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS) to create and maintain the required MIS related reports in response to management, curriculum, quality and business support needs.
• Liaise with Head of Registry to ensure key data is available for purposes such as funding returns, financial audits and exam inspections
• Develop and keep up to date with FE funding and performance monitoring methodologies in order to create and maintain clear and meaningful funding and performance reports (including retention, achievement, progression and attendance)
• Check ILR data against other MIS applications eg. ProAchieve, ensuring all reports providing accurate information
• Validate Qualification Achievement Reports against internal data and reports
• Fully understand the impact that MIS systems have on funding and interpret the implications to funding and changes in curriculum, advising managers as necessary
• Publish reports and KPI Dashboards
• Disseminate reports and train staff in the most effective use of reports
• Provide accurate and timely Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that monitor the College’s performance against funding contracts and KPIs, advising SLT of any issues.
2.3. Leadership and Management
• Take part in the Information Management Group and advise on the development and use of the College’s core information systems and their integration with existing and future College systems to ensure a reliable information infrastructure and good return from investment.
• Develop, implement and manage a system of accountability to ensure a customer focused ethos and culture for all areas of MIS
• Provide dynamic and effective line management to ensure continuous improvement to service delivery to stakeholders. .
• Take an operational lead on identifying process and systems requirement to enhance the Service and work with colleagues across the College to deliver such improvements.
• Engage key customers and stakeholders in the process of service development, placing students at the heart of all we do.
• Manage self-assessment and development planning for the area and to contribute designated sections to the College's annual Self-Assessment Report.
• Formulate and Lead staff development programs in the use of College management information systems and in respect of funding and data analysis relevant to individual roles.
• Management of MIS projects and budgets within agreed limits ensuring value for money.
***Strictly no agencies***
Child protection is the responsibility of all staff. The College will therefore:
•Encourage and maintain an environment where students feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened to
•Ensure students know that there are staff in the College whom they can approach if they are worried
•Include opportunities in the curriculum for students to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse
•All staff will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding induction and training.