PLEASE NOTE THIS IS BEING ADVERTISED ON BEHALF OF YSGOL TY FFYNNON WRAP AROUND CLUB - THIS IS NOT A FLINTSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL VACANCY
Manager/Person in Charge
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Ysgol Tŷ Ffynnon, Shotton
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Supervisor to work within our well-established setting.
Experience of working within the Early Years or a Playgroup setting with some knowledge of the foundation phase is preferred but not essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: Play workers, children and parents who attend Playgroup.
• To provide the day to day operation of Playgroup; providing care and play opportunities for children.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that the programme of activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children using the facilities.
• To provide a variety of play and learning opportunities and identifying and accommodating changing needs.
• To evaluate events and activities and contribute to the development of the service including making recommendations for change and development of the activities.
• To be responsible for the setting up and clearing away at the beginning and the end of the session.
• To be aware and implement health and safety policies and procedures in relation to the equipment used, activities undertaken and preparation of snacks/ drinks.
• To complete daily attendance records as stated in the policies and procedures for Playgroup.
• To provide equality of opportunity to all within the Playgroup environment, including children, staff and parents.
• To ensure confidentiality of any information received and work within the remit of the Data Protection Act.
• To undertake appropriate training when required.
• To liaise with parents, school and other agencies as appropriate.
• To adhere to the Tŷ Ffynnon Childcare policies and procedures.
• To be responsible for all correspondents between club, parents and other agencies.
• Have a minimum of Level 3 Childcare Qualification.
• Have knowledge and understanding of the CIW minimum standards.
• Be able to work on own and use their initiative
• Be the person in charge and work alongside another member of staff.
Ysgol Ty Ffynnon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.