Aims of Job/Job Purpose
1. To assist the Head of Marketing and other members of the marketing team with projects (e.g.
2. To maintain the course database and website content up to date
3. To track budgetary expenditure to ensure it stays in line with the budget
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To keep the marketing Course Master File (CMF) up to date so that advertised courses on the
website are always correct. This will involve liaison with curriculum departments.
2. To work with the web developer to ensure that the website content is up to date.
3. To work with the Head of Marketing and other members of the team to ensure all events are
adequately supported (e.g. Open Days, community events, departmental celebrations,
launches etc). This will require working across all campuses as well as occasional evening
and weekend work.
4. To work with the Head of Marketing to help create promotional material, e.g. collate course
information, student case studies etc.
5. To liaise with suppliers to source marketing collateral (e.g. promotional materials) and other
expenditure items, ensuring that correct financial procedures are followed.
6. To source and maintain any marketing databases and undertake direct marketing and
emarketing campaigns, working in line with General Data Protection Regulation.
7. To monitor press cuttings, using appropriate suppliers and produce regular reports for
8. To monitor our social media calendar, including scheduling posts for various channels and
working with the rest of the team to source content. This will involve liaising with other
departments and students.
9. To monitor social media engagement and liaise with colleagues in Customer Service to
respond to questions / posts / reviews promptly and correctly.
10. To liaise with ThinkAlumni in administering our Alumni marketing campaigns, seeking
management approval when appropriate.
11. To work with the graphic designer and external photographers to arrange photography shoots
as and when required.
12. To undertake and administer market research exercises, including surveys, mystery shopping
and competitor monitoring in order to ensure the College provides good customer experience.
13. To provide general administrative support to the marketing team
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate