Salary: £22,424 – £25,160
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Chester Campus
This is an excellent opportunity to join and work alongside the Marketing team to plan, produce and deliver strong College PR and Content plans.
- Write copy for press and online articles from interviews undertaken with key internal and external partners.
- Build strong relationships with external media partners.
- Maximise content opportunities across all potential platforms including media partners and other distribution outlets to ensure that content is as wide reaching as possible.
- Understand key audience segments and get to know the content types and messaging required to engage with these groups.
- Ensure effective distribution plans are in place for all content pieces and report back on core business KPI’s, making suggestions on improving future results using digital analytic tools.
- Work with line manager to develop and implement a robust communication plan. Ensuring that all activity is delivered as part of an integrated channel approach (online, offline and live).
- Work with Marketing colleagues to distribute the right content for the right audience groups in order to drive an increase in event registrations.
- To coordinate all PR content (online, offline, live) working closely with the marketing and other internal teams or external agencies if appropriate.
- Evaluate and report on all activity making sure that it is customer and industry insight driven at all times.
- Promote and embed excellent customer service across College.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent.
- Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Good understanding of writing, editing and publishing social media content.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it by 9am on Monday 24 January 2022.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 3 February 2022 at our Chester campus.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive art and design workshops, science laboratories and a motor vehicle workshop with four vehicle ramps.
Our strong links with local employers, such as Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever, ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals to support their future careers. Media, games art and design learners develop skills in a number of areas and have access to 4K video recording equipment and specialist software applications.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College is the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital skills across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.