Oakfield Primary School
Ysgol Gynradd a Meithrin Maesydderwen
Cyfle I Gyflawni
Mr. D. R Harris (Headteacher/Pennaeth)
Cardiff, CF3 0AA
Post Ref: ED50162047
Full Time Teacher – MPS/UPS
Maternity Cover 20th April 2020 to 26th March 2021
The Head teacher and Governing Body of Oakfield Primary School are looking for an innovative, strong and inspirational classroom practitioner who is committed to children’s learning, wellbeing and the raising of standards.
The successful candidate will need to have high expectations for pupils with a wide range of ability and experiences and be able to join an enthusiastic, hardworking, committed and helpful team of staff. He/she will be an excellent practitioner who is able to enthuse and motivate pupils.
This position is suitable for NQTs and/or experienced teachers with an excellent knowledge and understanding of the Early Years.
The successful candidate will be:-
• a strong motivational practitioner working within a committed team
• patient, calm understanding and caring
• able to teach in an early years setting
• adaptable, flexible, resourceful and committed to excellence
• committed to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality
• ICT proficient in the delivery of lessons, where relevant
• able to plan and deliver appropriate and challenging Programmes of Study for children of all abilities and have a very good knowledge of SEN and developments in ALN.
• able to teach Welsh as a second language
• able to commit to running an after school club
• a team player with a very good sense of humour
• fully understanding of current and future developments in education
• fully committed to their own learning and professional development
If this opportunity excites you, then we would like to meet you.
This post is a temporary contract and is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact HR People Services or e-mail for an application pack quoting reference: ED50162047 and the job title.
Application forms can be downloaded. In all cases, application forms should to be returned to school for the attention of Mr. David Harris, Headteacher.
Closing date: Midday – Monday 2nd March 2020
(NB – Closing time and date will be strictly adhered to)
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers
and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.