Mathematics and Numeracy Coordinator
MPS TLR 2a (£2,880)
Required from Easter 2020
Full time, Permanent
The Headteacher and governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Mathematics to oversee numeracy development across the school.
Mathematics is a popular and successful subject in Morriston, attracting large number of students pursuing Maths and Further Maths at A level, and it would be expected that the successful candidate will play an important role at Post 16.
The post has come about due to the promotion of the current post holder to a head of department position. As the successful candidate you will have the ambition and talent to play a key role in a forward thinking department. You will be expected to contribute to the continued drive to raise standards at all levels including Post 16 and play a pivotal role, alongside the department leader, in raising standards and developing high quality learning and teaching.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has aspirations to progress to Department leader in the future.
In return Morriston Comprehensive School can offer:-
• An ambitious and improving school;
• The opportunity to work in a supportive department;
• The opportunity to teach A Level mathematics in a growing 6th form;
• An aspirational, supportive senior leadership team and Governing body;
• A 22 million pound state of the art learning environment, with a dedicated suite of Maths teaching rooms all with interactive Genie boards:
• A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• Continuous professional learning opportunities
• Friendly, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every day;
• Innovative teachers, keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
• Opportunities to develop and grow your career in an environment that values and supports initiative and a growth mindset;
• A great location, less than 5 minutes off junction 45 of the M4.
The CLOSING DATE for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 7th December 2020, with interviews planned to be held in on Friday 11th December 2020.
If you require any further information please contact Mrs Tomlinson (PA to Headteacher)
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing employment, together with an employee health questionnaire.
This post, due to its nature, duties and responsibilities, will be subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check. Should you have any queries in relation to this check by the DBS, please contact the Employee Services Helpdesk on 01792 636098, The Guildhall, Swansea or visit the DBS website www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/
Please note that DBS certificates are not portable and disclosures processed outside of the City and County of Swansea will not be accepted.