Exciting opportunity to join a successful team at a time of curriculum innovation – be part of it! Whether an NQT or experienced teacher, you will enjoy working in this supportive department where your continuing professional development is championed.
• Do you passionately believe that all young people need to be mathematically fluent to navigate the world around them?
• Can you inspire students to have an enquiring mathematical mind?
• Are you ambitious for yourself and others to excel?
If the answer to all three of these is 'yes' and you are a skilled teacher of mathematics who is ambitious for every single child who enters your classroom, then please read on...
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the mathematics department at Brimsham Green School. The department has a strong record of success, and is consistently in quintiles 2/3 for the progress of middle and high attainers, and those who are disadvantaged; attainment is consistently above national averages. There is no gender gap in achievement.
Uptake at A Level is very strong, an indicator of the engagement in learning instilled in students throughout KS3 and KS4.
You would be joining a team of seven other very experienced mathematicians who are well-supported by Teaching Assistants embedded within the department. Leadership is distributed across the department, reflecting the model used at whole school level, and you would work closely and collaboratively with a KS3 and a KS5 co-ordinator of mathematics.
In return for your hard work, passion and commitment we offer:
• Bespoke CPD, whether you are an NQT or an experienced teacher - we firmly believe 'better never stops'
• A supportive team of departmental colleagues who involve themselves fully in the pastoral and social life of the school
• The opportunity to join a committed team of staff who believe that teaching is a great profession, and who challenge each other to excel
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button to complete the application form or alternatively, the application form can be downloaded from our website and emailed.
The closing date for this post is Wednesday 27 March at 9:00 a.m.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.