Teachers of Mathematics
Required for January 2020
We are looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic teacher who wants to join a well-established faculty who regularly enjoy excellent outcomes at both GCSE and A-Level.
This post is suitable either for a teacher who is currently in training (NQT) or someone who would like to widen their experience.
At King Edward VI Community College we offer real opportunities for professional and career development. As part of Teaching Schools South West, we encourage all colleagues to be relentless in their drive for self-improvement, including ensuring our teachers access NPQ programmes and have the opportunity to work towards Specialist Leader in Education status. We have considerable experience of successfully supporting colleagues through NQT programmes, and of working with non-specialist colleagues to grow them into excellent Maths subject specialists.
Our comprehensive college offers opportunities teaching all ages and abilities, up to AS/A2 level, and including Further Mathematics. Maths is a popular subject at KS5 with excellent uptake and strong value added results.
Whether you are an experienced teacher, or newly qualified with outstanding potential, we want the best colleagues to help us in our goal to become the leading Mathematics faculty in the region.
The successful candidates will have:
• The skills and qualities of an outstanding teacher
• An inspiring approach to teaching and learning, assessment and use of data to plan learning and support student progress .
• A commitment to meeting students’ needs of all ages and abilities.
• A contagious enthusiasm for teaching Mathematics and an awareness of current issues relating to the teaching of Mathematics.
We will offer you:
• An exciting learning environment where challenging, innovative and engaging learning is at the core of all we do.
• Be able to work as part of a committed, talented and highly motivated team.
• A commitment to support all staff through CPD opportunities, in both their existing responsibilities and their aspirations for their future careers.
• An opportunity to develop your craft of teaching across three Key Stages.
• A genuine and active pursuit of well-being for all members of our community.
If you have imagination, drive and the desire to be successful, can demonstrate a passion for Maths and share this enthusiasm with students, we want to hear from you.
Applications from NQT’s welcome.
The College is situated in the South Hams town of Totnes with a wide and varied catchment area. We are a Co-operative College supported by our Trust; The Dart Valley Learning Trust. Please see further information on our website.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 28 October 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 30 October 2019
King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS certificate is required for this post.
King Edward VI Community College is committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and are only interested in your ability to do the job.
King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.