Harrow are seeking an exemplary Secondary Mathematics Teacher to join the team for August 2021. Mathematics is a high profile subject within the school , as it is throughout the Harrow network. This is an opportunity to grow a successful department and leave a legacy.
Purpose of Job
• Responsible for fostering positive self-esteem and supportive relationships for all students, founded upon respect and mutual trust
• Responsible for maximising the academic progress of the students they teach by delivering the very highest standards of teaching and learning
• Promote a positive, purposeful and professional working atmosphere that encourages cooperation and challenge whilst valuing the contribution that
individuals make to the success of the school
• Promote equality of opportunity for all regardless of race, religion or gender and encourage excellence, resourcefulness and perseverance
Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
The Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (HILA) Chongqing is located in the in the Longgang Ecological Business District, enjoying convenient transport links via nearby subway lines and major roads. The architecture of the school's buildings echoes the original design of Harrow School and the renowned buildings in North London and uses contemporary design concepts to create a truly British, though contemporary, 'Harrovian' environment. The school opened its doors to the lower age groups in 2020 and will grow to provide world class K-12 bilingual education to students aged 2 to 18 years
Central to our educational ethos is a commitment to foster the values of ‘Courage’, ‘Honour’, ‘Humility’ and ‘Fellowship’ in our students. Beyond outstanding academic outcomes, Harrow’s holistic education nurtures in our students a strong Chinese foundation with a global outlook through a unique bilingual curriculum that distilled the 450 years of educational excellence of Harrow School with the wisdom and traditions of Chinese culture.
Education, training and qualifications
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including KS3,4 & 5
• Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development
Knowledge and experience
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience
• Be aware and up to date in all relevant safeguarding polices and practice
• Knowledge and experience of how to use of ICT effectively in promoting student learning
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Previous experience or knowledge of working with students for whom English is not their first language
Harrow Schools are committed to the safety and protection of children.
All employees are expected to comply with our School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.