Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular,
oversubscribed and successful school set in 32 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading. We are looking for an outstanding, passionate and dynamic practitioner to join our highly successful and well-resourced Maths department of 12 staff. This post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. A willingness to teach across all years and abilities is essential. Maths and Further Maths are very popular subjects at A level.
Why Highdown School?
• We are a Good School with many outstanding features
which continues to rapidly improve
• We are committed to staff professional learning and
leadership development for all staff, at all levels
• We provide highly regarded NQT induction and Coaching
for Excellence programmes
• We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’
• Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and
the Princes Teaching Institute
• Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and
• We are able to offer on-site accommodation for NQTs
with competitive rent
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of
excellence’. Why not join us?
Closing date: Applications considered on request
Highdown School & Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.