Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
Bringing world-class bilingual education to Zhuhai, the opening of Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (Harrow ILA) Zhuhai marks a significant milestone for education in Zhuhai and the Greater Bay Area.
Opening in 2020, Harrow ILA Zhuhai will eventually have two campuses – one in Hengqin (opening 2020) and one in Tangjiawan (opening 2021). Both campuses will offer full K-12 day schooling with boarding.
Harrow ILA in Hengqin is situated in a prime location next to Novotown in the New District area. With a campus covering 47,915 m2, the school will accept students from Grades 1 to 7 (age 6 to 13) in its first year. Designed by world-renowned architecture firm Aedas and Harrow’s specialists, the campus can accommodate 1,400 students, including 317 boarders (from Grade 4 and above).
We are seeking a high performing SECONDARY MATHEMATICS TEACHER to commence in August 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum two years’ teaching experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
Early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Educational Excellence for Life and Leadership