We are looking for an experienced mathematics teacher / tutor to join our supportive team. Ideally, we are looking for someone to work each morning to deliver lessons up to GCSE at both of our sites.
Headstart is a small special school with 50 students over two beautiful sites based in the East Sussex countryside with an emphasis on outdoor learning. We work with mainly students on the Autistic Spectrum and complex needs. The majority of students are KS2 and KS3, but we also have a small cohort of KS4 and Post 16. We work in small classes of four to six students and 1:1. We offer a bespoke education with a mix of academic and vocational courses. Our school Mission statement is 'Positive Learning for Life'. There is a strong emphasis on building self-esteem and confidence, developing independent learners and thinkers and social skills alongside academic achievement.
Our successful candidate is someone who:
• Has previous experience of teaching mathematics to GCSE
• Has worked within an Inclusive team
• Has previous experience of teaching in an autism-specific environment
• Is able to work closely within the school team
• Has a passion for autism education and the inclusion agenda
• Has experience of planning for specific and individual needs
• Is a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning, is engaging and inclusive
• Works within and contributes to the whole school community
• Has a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos
• Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
If you would like to join our supportive team to educate our wonderful students then please submit your application as soon as possible. We are undertaking ongoing interviews for a September 2019 start.
Headstart School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Headstart is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.