Mathematics Teacher, Wirral
Duration: Long term placement
Salary: £130 - £170 per day
Start date: 01/09/2021
Job Type: Temporary
Posted: 9th June 2021
New Directions Education are looking to recruit a Mathematics specialist work in an ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED rated school. You will be expected to provide engaging and motivating lessons to the students across all key stages. Your resources will need to be of high quality and should add to the schemes of work already being used.
Within the different teaching groups, you will have a variety of learning needs to cater for therefore you will need to have a flexible approach and be able to differentiate your lessons appropriate to their needs.
You will be expected to provide a stimulating and academically rigorous teaching of Mathematics up to and including A’ level. If you are able to cover any of the other Science subjects too that would be an advantage but it is not essential.
You will need to keep up-to-date with current developments in content and methods of the subject, remaining familiar with external examinations requirements providing additional support to other team members as and when required.
You would be expected to uphold the school standard for behaviour both inside and outside of the classroom, representing the school to the highest standard at all times.
This school is looking to take on a teacher with a personality that resonates with students and fits with the specific mentality of the school. Keeping learning fun and interesting is an essential quality this school believes provides the best grades to its students.
Experienced teachers as well as NQT’s are welcome to apply.
If you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or experienced maths teacher we offer roles which include delivering the curriculum in Key Stage 3 (KS3) to Key Stage 4 (KS4) with a possible work at Key Stage 5 (KS5).
As a maths teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term teaching roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Preferred supplier to more than 20 boroughs across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Education Ltd, Wirral branch, for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151-5150822 or click Apply Now to enquire about this job vacancy.
New Directions Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.