Salary: £21,710.93 - £23,447.81 pro rata English and Maths Coach
Contract: Permanent – 38 week per year
- Maths Coach 37hrs pw – South Bristol Skills Academy
- Maths Coach 22.5hrs pw – College Green Centre
What will you be doing?
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, professional people who will be responsible for delivering an effective, high quality additional learning support service.
You will be responsible for:
• For students with Education, Care and Health (EHC) plans, you will pay close attention to the needs, outcomes and provision outlined in the plan, developing learning targets and personalised programmes of support linked to identified needs and aspirations;
• Maximising success of students, from pre-Entry SEN students through to Level 3 students with specific learning disabilities, and all levels in between, working closely with teaching staff and support colleagues
• You will be delivering an effective high-quality English or maths support service through working closely with students on barriers to learning, leading to improved outcomes, greater autonomy and independence
You will join a committed team, who work closely with students and other college staff, to reduce barriers to learning, increase opportunities towards improved outcomes, maximise success, enable greater autonomy and develop further independence for all learners.
We are looking for someone with experience of teaching Maths from Entry level through to GCSE.
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 19th September (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 28th September 2021
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.