Maths Content Writer (m/f/d) - English National Curriculum (Primary Teacher)
We are convinced that children and teenagers achieve the biggest educational success, when they are encouraged to study in their own time and at their own pace, using various digital means and tools. In order to support this sofatutor, as a company and team, has created a digital learning platform that enables children to study individually, in their own time and from any location. The platform helps them follow up on their school work by using teaching videos, interactive tasks as well as exercise sheets and also encourages them to acquire further knowledge on relevant educational content.
sofatutor is the most prominent online learning platform on the German-speaking market with a team of 140 employees, almost 1 million users and over 10.000 videos. As we keep growing, our next steps involve the internationalisation of our content into the English-speaking market. To have a clear grasp on what children need to learn during their primary school years in the U.K., we are looking for a
Content Writer U.K. (m/f/d) - Primary School, English National Curriculum (KS1/KS2) who is motivated to create educational videos together with a team of other content writers, animators, illustrators and audio designers to support the establishment of this educational platform on an international market.
You will be able to work completely remote from anywhere in the world.
As a Maths Content Writer (m/f/d) - English National Curriculum (primary teacher) at sofatutor, you will work on producing educational videos in mathematics for primary school. You are responsible for the formal content as well as the didactical approach of the videos and you will work together with a team of creatives to make learning fun and engaging. You will:
- be part of designing the curriculum and the video topics related to the most important primary school subjects
- challenging exciting video scripts, adjusting scripts to make them fit for the U.K. market and accompany the whole development process of a video from that moment on
- help creating video lessons that teach students the most important concepts of what they will learn in mathematics in primary school
- work together with a team of animators, illustrators and audio designers to choose well fitting characters and worlds where the students can enjoy studying and
- update and maintain the company’s content standard guides and improve content continuously
You are a good fit for this job, if you have a strong background in primary school education in the UK, for example by having worked as a teacher in years 1 to 6 or by having been involved in curriculum design at a supervisory school authority. You will need to have a clear understanding of the country’s school system and will need to be able to provide cultural insights on the educational system in order to assist the production of authentic video content. As an ideal candidate you should meet the following requirements:
- have completed a degree in education successfully
- have experience as a primary school teacher
- OR have worked as a tutor for primary school students
- you have experience in using e-learning material, especially videos
- offer very good organisational and planning skills
- have conceptual skills and creativity to develop content in a digital video format
- have the motivation to drive this project forward, with a can-do attitude and an openness for others' ideas
- have the passion for helping primary school children in their educational success by using new digital means and tools