Reigate Parish Church Primary School
1:1 LSA leading afternoon maths interventions with KS1 and KS2 children
This position is ideal for
• A person who wants to work every afternoon from 1.00 – 3.00pm.
• Someone who wants to experience being a maths LSA in different school.
• Someone who has been a TA who now wants to work individually with children on a maths intervention.
• Graduates who are looking to train to become a teacher. Spending a year as an afternoon LSA will get you fully immersed into how children learn and the adult’s role in this process.
• Once on the school’s payroll there will be other opportunities for work in the morning.
• This is a temporary contract for this academic year (until Summer term 2020) to work solely on delivering maths interventions, using the “precision teaching” method, in the afternoon to specific children in KS1 and KS2. You will work with them 1:1 every day. There is full training. There is however a possibility the position could be continued into 2020-2021 academic year.
• This job has to be for all five afternoons from 1-3pm, there is no flexibility on this.
Pay and training
• Surrey Pay PS3 from £17,316 FTE to £18,242, depending on experience
• All support staff come to the specific INSET training per academic year, dates to be given upon appointment
• Other training opportunities will be provided during working hours
FTE = Full Time Equivalent, actual salary depends on hours and length of service. Please ask Mrs Bowen the school business manager if you would like to know what a particular position would earn, prior to sending in an application form.
• The deadline is 9am Tuesday 24th September 2019
• Successful candidates will be notified by email on Tuesday 24th September 2019
• Interviews held with Headteacher and SENDCO on Thursday 26th September 2019
• Start date: confirmed at interview
We offer our staff:
*lovely and enthusiastic children very keen to learn.
*an honest commitment to your continuous professional development.
*very supportive school leadership and very successful partnership with parents.
*a caring staff team all thoroughly committed to excellence.
*an outstanding learning environment (remained “outstanding” by Ofsted in June 2019). We are immensely proud of this but our core focus and reason for coming to work is that all our children reach their potential.
*a supportive relationship with the governing body.
COME AND JOIN US. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.
Reigate Parish Church Primary School is a popular two form entry Church of England school that offers a nurturing and caring ethos, happy, well-motivated children who are excited about their learning. We are looking to appoint a 1:1 maths LSA who can join our team and work effectively and successfully with our children, actively supporting them in their maths learning. We are looking for an individual who can fully support the Christian ethos of the school.
We want to hear from you, if you:
-put children first and have a love of maths, wanting children to be positive and enthusiastic about maths
-thoroughly enjoy working with children and delight in their achievements
-have very high expectations of children’s all round achievement and behaviour
- have a forward-thinking innovative attitude and a good sense of humour
-want to join our successful school team
Please email your application for to Mrs Elisabeth Bowen, the school business manager. We look forward to meeting you.
Who we are
Reigate Parish Church Primary School: A trusting, respectful and caring place for children to reach their full potential, with the Christian faith and Christian values at our heart.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Criminal Records Bureau at an appropriate level for this post.
Reigate Parish Church School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.