Salary: £24,361 to £30,865 depending upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Thursday 6th June
Interview Dates: Tuesday 18th June & Wednesday 19th June
Are you an experienced Maths Lecturer looking for a new challenge?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty with vibrant culture, and a fantastic creative community?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly competent and well-qualified candidate to join us as a Maths Lecturer within our excellent Maths team.
Ideally, with experience of Level 3 and/or A Level Maths, the successful candidate will be capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner. As a Lecturer, the successful candidate would have access to our generous holiday and pension schemes alongside the possibility of career development opportunities.
You will provide inspirational support and guidance to students on our wide variety of Maths courses, taking the lead on modules related to your specialist areas. The Maths team runs a variety of courses from Functional Skills to GCSE and A-Level Maths with some additional support for Maths modules within Engineering and other STEM courses. This cross-subject collaboration would provide you with the potential to support other STEM related areas, should you have the requisite skills.
A formal teaching qualification is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for you to gain a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is a FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us. We pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion, diversity and our investment in the potential of our staff members. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A generous holiday entitlement (42 days per year)
• 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
• A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
• A College that promotes and supports flexible working
• On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
• A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
• A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
• At least a Degree-level qualification in a related discipline
• A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
• English at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• A clear passion for Maths and a willingness to use it to inspire our students.
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate our students to reach their potential.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the College or to contact the Head of Department for an informal conversation.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.