Red Balloon Learner Centres
(Centres) provide a safe environment for severely bullied children and young people who find it impossible to attend mainstream school. Each Centre aims to raise the students’ self-esteem, get them back on an education track and, when ready, support their return to mainstream education or entry to training or employment.
Red Balloon Learner Centres are designed to support children aged between 10 and 17 at any one time, with a very high staff:student ratio. Students follow an education programme tailored to their academic needs, and individual support to support their personal and social development. Much of the teaching is one-to-two or small groups. All students and teachers take lunch together. Various small and whole group activities are designed to help the children grow in confidence and gain social skills.
Red Balloon NW London are looking for a Maths teacher to teach Maths to severely bullied or traumatised pupils, design individualised learning programmes and maintain records for every student.
40 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (including two weeks non-contact).
• teach Maths;
• design and implement an individualised learning programme for each student through negotiation;
• set up and maintain organised, coherent academic plans;
• set up and maintain records of academic and behavioural achievement for each student;
• recognise and respond to the need to provide evidence of students’ progress;
• liaise with other staff members to plan and organise teaching;
• regularly advise and consult the Coordinator, discussing any concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions;
• maintain a tidy, organised teaching area that is an inviting place in which to learn;
• record significant incidents, accidents, behaviour and hazards.
Please see Application Pack attached for further information.
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications, please send your completed application form together with a covering letter to Cathy Taylor - Head Teacher of RB-NW London via the 'Apply Online' button below.
Unfortunately we do not accept CVs.
If you are interested in applying please click on the 'How to apply/Apply online' button now.
Please note: If you are currently viewing this advert from a Mobile or Tablet device, the documents attached may not be fully compatible with your device. Please sign in from a PC or Laptop to view any supporting documents and to apply.
Red Balloon Learner Centre - Northwest London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.