Sandhurst School is a caring, inclusive and well-ordered community. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity to succeed, with a strong emphasis on achievement, encouragement and development of skills and qualities to be active, accomplished, knowledgeable, caring and self-sufficient in tomorrow’s ever changing world.
Start Date from September 2019 or 1st July for a suitable NQT
Are you a committed mathematics teacher with high expectations, a passion for teaching and an ability to enthuse students?
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher of mathematics, who is passionate about teaching and love engaging with responsive, thoughtful and interested students. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and energetic team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
- motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
- a friendly and supportive team of teachers
- well-resourced facilities
- a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
There is an excellent NQT induction programme in place and we would welcome applications from NQTs.
Our staff are highly committed and we have a strong and positive school ethos.
Mathematics Early-Career Payments
Maths teachers who gained QTS in 2018-2019 onwards will be eligible of an early career payment of £7500 in their third year of teaching. Further information can be requested at interview.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged, please contact Claire Read, PA to Headteacher on 01344 77 56 78 to arrange a visit.
Applicants may be invited to interview before the closing date, therefore please take the opportunity to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the advert early should the right candidate apply.
In November 2017 Ofsted reported that:
- “The Headteacher, leaders and governors are committed to improving pupils’ life chances”
- “Pupils’ conduct is typically good and they treat one another with respect”
- “Pupils feel safe and are kept safe”
- “Pupils are well looked after and are provided with the opportunity to succeed”
- “Strong relationships exist between staff and pupils”
Sandhurst School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.