The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Maths Teacher to join our fast growing, ambitious and STEM focused Academy. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opprtunities for career development and progression. We are also willing to consider candidates who are looking for a part-time role.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new state of the art buildings which have just been completed. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. In Autumn 2018, the beginning of our fourth year of operation, we had over 900 pupils across the five year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Are you interested in joining a dedicated team of excellent maths teachers pursuing mastery for all pupils?
Do you value intelligent practice, clear teacher explanations and attention to detail in all aspects of teaching and learning?
Do you prize depth over breadth?
Do you embrace the opportunity to use technology as a vehicle to improve learning?
Are you a self-critical, highly motivated individual with the teaching skills to deliver a shared vision for maths?
In a time of curriculum upheaval, are you keen to direct all your energies into setting the highest standards at KS3 in order to prepare pupils for the demands of GCSE and A-level?
If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Candidates wishing to visit the school and meet with Gabby Veglio, Head of Maths, are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Justine Free, PA to the Head Teacher. However, if you are unable to visit the school prior to the deadline, your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Clear understanding of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organizational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Teaching an observed lesson to a full class of pupils;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with Subject Lead and Head Teacher.
- We look forward to receiving your application.