Teacher – Maths
Academy: Queen Katharine Academy
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Closing date: 12 December 2019
Start date: 20 April 2020 (earlier starts considered)
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Here at the QKA Maths department our vision is: ‘For our students we seek to be the best.’
It is with our vision in mind and our culture of success, positivity and belonging that we are looking to appoint a passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to join our established and flourishing maths department. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and by constantly seeking to be the best we are confident that we are making a difference to student’s lives, through the opportunities we are giving them in our lessons. We want our students to leave this academy remembering their maths lessons.
Our department is well resourced and led by committed practitioners, who are focussed on continuing the process of raising standards and expectations in our department and beyond. The last two years have seen a pleasing increase in our GCSE grades and standards with huge gains in progress and attainment. Our students achieving the top grades in GCSE maths has tripled compared to the previous exam season, and the progress made by students improved significantly this year.
We have begun to embed our improved success at KS4 in KS3. Recently, we have implemented a new KS3 curriculum, in order to ensure that our students are more prepared for the rigorous demands of the current GCSE; particularly with regard to problem solving and reasoning.
With our progress and attainment improving, we are looking to maintain this accelerated progress with a new addition to our department.
We want our department to expand; and are aiming to increase our sixth form numbers for A-level and AS-Level Maths, and plan to introduce Core Maths to our curriculum for KS5. At GCSE we hope to introduce GCSE Statistics as an option, to provide more opportunities for our more able maths students.
It is truly exciting times for our department and we are looking to welcome another colleague to join this highly driven and successful department, who will buy into our vision and culture.
- Be a passionate, dynamic and hard-working teacher of Maths
- Be enthusiastic and determined to help young people to succeed
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people and colleagues within the department
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people
- Be motivated and have the energy, creativity and work ethic to make a significant contribution to the department and academy as a whole
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Excellent salary packag
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
- Additional teaching and learning responsibility (initially temporary) depending on knowledge, skills and experience
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking)
- Fantastic onsite Nursery with competitive prices.Enthusiastic and supportive SLT
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Visits are welcomed.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Trust will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To view the application pack for this role, including the full job description, please click here.