This is your opportunity to teach some of the most committed and able secondary school students in the country as part of a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff. There are opportunities, particularly for those interested in computer science, to convert this into a permanent contract.
The key foci of this role within the department will be to:
- challenge and engage exceptionally able students in all three key stages including those taking Further Mathematics GCSE and Additional Mathematics in Year 11;
- deliver A Level mathematics to a very high standard with almost all students in the Sixth Form choosing this course and many going on to study maths and related subjects at degree level;
- (for the right candidate) teach A Level further mathematics to students seeking entry into the world’s top universities;
- share your own passions and interests by leading timetabled clubs and societies with current provision including supporting the Hans Woyda Mathematics Competition and UKMT Team Maths Challenge as well as maths mentoring programmes, robotics club and engineering society.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
- working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
- the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
- opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
- access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
- a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
- a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
- a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
- amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
- a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or those considering entering the profession through routes such as Teacher Apprenticeships, and we will consider applicants with the right skill set but without a formal teaching qualification.
Wallington County Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.