Wey is the UK’s largest online education company; an opportunity has arisen for a talented teacher of Mathematics to undertake some part time teaching in a school we are supporting.
This teaching will be delivered via an online classroom, where students are encouraged to participate and join in with activities. You will be expected to deliver the teaching remotely, from your own home.
If you are interested in joining us to improve the lives of students, we would love to hear from you!
Wey Education plc is the AIM listed holding company of an educational group providing services online worldwide. Using state-of-the-art digital technology, Wey operates two established divisions – InterHigh, a non-selective fee-paying online secondary school, established in 2005 and a B2B division including Academy 21, serving other educational providers, schools, local authorities and other public bodies.
Wey offers a genuinely 21st century education and the opportunity for teachers to develop professional online teaching skills, while working remotely from the comfort of their own home. Teachers are encouraged to seek new ways to positively engage and motivate our students through online learning and are fully supported by our IT team.
For this position, we would provide training on induction and also high quality computer hardware. A strong and stable internet connection is a requirement for this post.
The successful candidate will be:
• a self-motivated, talented and reflective teacher of Maths (Secondary phase).
• be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages and able to work with IT systems and software daily
• someone who will teach with excitement and enthusiasm, creating positive energy in the online community you will work in.
• a teacher with ambition for every student
• a team player but with the ability to work remotely
• a person with flair and extremely high personal and professional standards and be able to act as a role model to students and staff
• possessing an up to date knowledge of your curriculum area of expertise
Start Date – As soon as possible
Salary Range - £30,993 - £34,535, depending on experience. Pro Rota.
Part time, fixed term contract until May 2020.
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.