Teacher of Maths (full/partly qualified)
School: Orchard School Bristol
Location: Bristol, UK
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 24 February 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Suitable for: Fully or Part Qualified Maths Teachers, Maths professionals without teaching status
Something special is going on at Orchard School: a seriously good Ofsted report (have a look at our website), good outcomes, excellent student behaviour and full commitment to your professional development. We are now looking for a teacher of Mathematics to join our growing school. Make a difference every day for our wonderfully diverse and ambitious students. Make an impact on your career by helping us become outstanding.
- creative and original, able to think and act innovatively
- passionate about your subject
- able to inspire, motivate and empower students in lessons
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- skilled at teaching at Key Stage 3 and 4 across the ability range
- keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team
- happy, enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
- excellent student behaviour and a calm, purposeful learning environment
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a commitment to professional development and opportunities for career advancement
- a bright, happy environment in which to learn and work
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
Further information on the person specification and job description, along with information on our school can be found in the attached information pack.
Applications are welcomed from fully qualified teachers. We also welcome applications from partly/unqualified teachers who are looking to train to become fully qualified.
The successful candidate will have a degree in mathematics or a degree which included a large percentage of maths, and a good maths A level.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged.
If this post has attracted your interest, please do apply and see what Orchard can offer you.
This role has been identified as falling within the definition of requiring fluency in spoken English. You will be required to speak English with confidence and be able to conduct a conversation and answer questions for extended periods of time.
Orchard School Bristol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.