MPS/UPR (Outer London)
Required from September 2020
Full time, permanent
Would you like to use your Maths skills teaching highly motivated students in one of the foremost state schools in the country? We’re looking to appoint a teacher of Maths who would relish the opportunity to inspire our highly motivated, articulate and diligent student body. The school greatly values the contribution that the study of Maths brings to its curriculum offer and as an enabler to a wide range of Higher Education and career options.
In the summer, the department supported 89% of students to achieve a level 8-9 at GCSE and 70% of students an A*-A at A level. The Department provides both Maths and Further Maths routes at A Level and Maths is our most popular A level choice. Many of our students go on to study Maths or related subjects at Oxbridge and other leading universities.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
• be confident in teaching Maths to A level to high achieving students
• be keen to develop their subject knowledge in all facets of maths at A level
• be an excellent classroom practitioner, who is prepared to engage with evidence based research in their teaching
• contribute to an extensive and thriving extracurricular programme
• have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
• the opportunity to join a highly successful Maths department with a wide range of experience and expertise
• a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
• a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
• a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
• numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school please see our web site. Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website, or contact the school office. Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9 am Friday 7 February
Interviews: Wednesday 12 February
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.