• Are you passionate about challenging students to achieve their absolute best?
• Are you a graduate of Maths with excellent subject knowledge who wants to inspire passion for learning in young people?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your teaching career?
We invite applications for a teacher of Maths, able to teach to at least KS4, to join a friendly and well-resourced department.
Villiers High School is a vibrant, multicultural school located in the heart of the community of Southall in the London Borough of Ealing. We are committed to the highest standards of teaching and have an innovative approach to education. We place a high value on staff professional learning and it is at the centre of our work. The successful applicant would join a well-informed and ambitious staff and would benefit from extensive training and development opportunities.
‘"There is clear evidence of strong leadership and management at all levels of the school." Ofsted 2018 (Short inspection)
Full details of the post can be found in the job description and person specification.
• A huge suite of professional learning opportunities in school and use our PMR system combined with staff aspirations to construct this. Staff are encouraged and supported financially to become examination markers and to carry out extra qualifications such as the NPQ* suite, Master’s Degrees and Doctorates. All teams belong to their professional subject association in order to continue developing their subject knowledge and pedagogy. Middle and Senior Leaders regularly meet with their counterparts from other schools in the local authority to collaborate and share best practice as part of the Ealing Learning Partnership. *National Professional Qualifications including NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH.
• On Thursdays staff finish teaching early so they can meet and plan collaboratively with their departments and pastoral teams. Staff professional learning also takes place on this day as do any other after school meetings and events such as parent’s evenings so that staff only ever have to plan child-care or a late finish one night of the week. Where meetings or events run later in the evening we provide a meal for all staff.
• We do not grade lessons and all visits to lessons are formative. We recognise that walking into a lesson a few times a year only gives a small snapshot of the work our teachers are doing so created Bespoke Performance Coaching where staff plan together, observe the planning in action and review the lesson together focusing on strengths and areas for development collaboratively.
• Staff work with their performance manager to set targets which will see them develop over the course of the year but none of them rely on arbitrary unreliable data or one-off snapshot lesson visits.
• Staff (and pupils!) are entitled to free breakfast every day in our canteen and free tea and coffee making facilities are available throughout the day in the staff room.
• And much much more! Further details can be found on our website (vacancies section).
• a teacher who is extremely ambitious for their students
• a person with the vision, drive and initiative required to achieve further success
• an enthusiastic, committed and passionate individual, able to motivate and inspire young people and colleagues
• an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
How to apply
Application and further details can be obtained by visiting our school website, staff section > vacancies. Please note that the school does not accept CVs. Once completed, please submit your application by email to the HR Manager, Ms Amrit Growan at the email address listed on the 'advert' document.
We are more than willing to show you around the school if you wish to arrange a visit. Please contact the HR Manager as per above and a time and date will be arranged at your convenience.
Villiers is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.