Maths Teacher (Leader of Learning)
Do you have a desire to help students make outstanding learning progress in a high achieving department at the country's most innovative schools?
An opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious teacher of Maths to join a significant group of schools operated by Wey Education, with the ability to teach up to and including Key Stage 5.
Our teachers work from home to deliver live lessons via our online classrooms where students are encouraged to participate and join in with activities and if you are interested in joining us to improve the lives of our students, we would love to hear from you!
About the role
Job Title – Maths Leader of Learning
Location – Home Based Position
• A Company Pension
• Life Cover
• Employee Discount Programme
Start Date – 1 September 2020
Salary Range - £30,993 - £34,535, depending on experience.
Position: Full-Time and Part-Time opportunities on a Permanent basis. Teaching between 35 to 42 weeks per annum
Operating world-wide, we are the largest online school group in the UK, delivering a fully personalised education online. Our curriculum structure is based on the key stages, with IGCSEs offered at KS4 and A Levels at KS5. We teach students online, through a digital platform.
We offer a genuinely 21st century education and the opportunity for teachers to develop professional skills. Our teachers teach exceptionally well-behaved students from their own home and all teachers are provided with high quality computer hardware.
About the group
Wey Education plc is the AIM listed holding company of an educational group providing services online worldwide. Using state-of-the-art digital technology, Wey operates two established divisions – InterHigh, a non-selective fee-paying online secondary school, established in 2005 and a B2B division including Academy 21, serving other educational providers, schools, local authorities and other public bodies.
Our teachers are encouraged to seek new ways to positively engage and motivate our students through online learning and are fully supported by our IT team.
Wey Education PLC is a leading online provider of primary, secondary and college education in the UK. With almost 3,000 students, Interhigh and alternative provision division Academy 21, make up the two entities of the AIM listed public company. We are an ambitious company with quality education and student engagement at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidates will join a talented team providing excellent online educational experiences for our students whose ages range between 8 and 18. The successful candidates will demonstrate expertise and experience of delivering Maths up to and including Key Stage 5 and come from either a state school and/or independent school background. Passionate about ensuring the students are at the centre of learning, the successful candidate will be used to deadlines, have experience of creating effective learning resources and having a key focus on the academic monitoring and progress of the students.
The LOL will work as a teacher in the Maths team with other LOL’s under the direction of and reporting to the Senior Leader of Learning. Sharing ideas and best practice approaches are key factors in the online environment. Also, working together with the SLoL and Head of Faculty towards the school’s Education Strategy and the success of our students.
The successful candidate will:
• Inspire, motivate and provide purposeful subject knowledge for students within the school
• Be up to date on current research and emerging pedagogy and disseminate this to staff through active engagement in professional development with the learning community
• Take a leading role in maintaining a positive and inspirational learning climate in the subject specialism and, where appropriate, the integration of your subject learning across the curriculum
• Support the self-evaluation of the school’s effectiveness and the development of priorities for improvement
• Assist in maintaining and developing a high-quality school environment and profile and act as a role model by their professional conduct and disposition
• Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and any class or group of students
• Provide guidance and advice to students on educational matters
• Provide or contribute to assessments, reports and references relating to students in a timely manner
• Participate in Wey Education Services meetings and staff CPD opportunities
• Undertake any other work as specified by their line manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Ideally the candidate will be qualified up to degree level in a related subject area and have a recognised teaching qualification, a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status.
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.