We are a growing independent special school seeking to appoint a compassionate, enthusiastic, innovative Maths teacher.
Permanent, Part time – 2 days per week, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Salary: Dependent on experience
“Our mission is to enable young people with Autism to reach their full potential by building resilience and removing social and emotional barriers to enable educational achievement and develop individuals’ personality."
This role will entail the development and implementation of the school’s Maths curriculum to meet national standards for students working at pre-key stage and national curriculum levels, functional skills, and GCSE. The teacher will become part of a team that specialise in delivering a curriculum designed to meet individual need with a focus on supporting the embedding and tracking of Maths across the school.
You will be:
- A teacher that will become part of a team that specialise in delivering a curriculum designed to meet individual need with a focus on supporting the embedding and tracking of Maths across the school.
- A teacher that ensure students Maths progress is tracked and recorded effectively and includes progress demonstrated through action based and non-mainstream learning methods.
- Someone that can be adaptable as whilst the role will have a Math focus it may also include development and delivery of cross curricular subjects.
- Able to demonstrate interest, enthusiasm and experience of supporting young people with Autism in all aspects of school life, employing bespoke, creative and flexible learning methods to assist with the management of challenging behaviour and achieve positive outcomes.
- Able to support teachers, TA’s and support staff to ensure successful delivery of the Maths curriculum. This will involve support for identifying staff development needs and inspiring teaching practice and delivery approaches to maintain high standards of learning for Maths.
- Enthusiastic to work within the school team constructively and effectively
- Able to develop and sustain compassionate, professional and trusting relationships with the whole Wolfdale School community and create a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment for all.
NQTS would be considered.
We are welcoming applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers, so if you like the sound of this exciting opportunity then we look forward to hearing from you.
Wolfdale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying, please download the application pack
Wolfdale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.