Maths Teacher – Salary: Main scale + SEN1: Start Date: January 2020
• Suitable for candidates with a range of teaching backgrounds: secondary mainstream, primary mainstream or SEND, as long as you’re able to demonstrate significant experience in teaching Maths and desire to teach across KS2 to KS4
• Suitable for NQTs as curriculum, resources and support in place.
• Suitable for experienced teachers also as opportunity for TLR available.
Are you a motivational, positive, creative teacher?
• Do you want to work in a school that represents the best of both worlds: mainstream and SEND?
• Do you want to work somewhere where subject rigour is balanced with social development and wellbeing for able young people with autism?
• Do you want to work within a small, vibrant all-through school?
• Would you enjoy collaborating with a small team to develop and deliver a brilliant all-through Maths curriculum?
• Do you want to work in a well-resourced department and school?
• Do you want to be supported by 2 TLAs during lessons?
• Do you want to be part of a department with a generous budget which will allow you to continue to innovate and invest?
• Do you want to teach small classes where getting to know the children really is a priority and a pleasure?
• Would you love the opportunity to arrange regular enrichment trips for small groups (
• Do you want to be driven by a sense of moral purpose rather than data?
• Do you want high quality professional development and support?
• Do you want to work with highly supportive colleagues who share your values and ethos?
• Do you want to work in an organisation that supports career progression and has opportunities both in, and beyond, your own school?
We can offer:
• A ‘say yes’ approach to CPD
• Inclusion in the Teacher Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme offering 24 hours telephone support
• Free Perkbox subscription offering benefits of particular services (eg. cinema tickets, coffee, insurance) at reduced costs
• Weekly staff wellbeing sessions
• Use of our onsite gym facilities
We seek to recruit a brilliant Maths Teacher to join our teaching team at The Rise School, West London.
Prospective candidates could have a mainstream primary background but have a strong specialism in Maths and be looking forward to teaching KS2, KS3 and potentially KS4 in the future.
To apply please complete the online application form or alternatively you can download it form from our website. Completed applications should be emailed to Linda Burn Office Manager
Closing date: 9th October 2020, 12 noon, Interviews week commencing 12th October 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic the interview will be conducted remotely:
- A planning task (sent and submitted in advance)
- Filming yourself doing a short ‘lesson’ on a topic (sent in advance)
- 30 minute interview questions with the panel
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting including references and an enhanced DBS.
The Rise School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service check (DBS).
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.